Surviving the Hard Times
Well folks, I hate to be the bearer of bad news. However, I don’t see any improvement in the US economy anytime soon. I’m sure it will happen eventually but I just don’t know when. So what can you do to help yourself in these hard times?
Actions to take
- Reduce your living expenses
- Lower your expectations of what the government will provide.
- Find creative ways to make some extra money.
- Do odd jobs for people.
- Start your own small business; but it has to be low-cost and low-risk.
- Put off large expenditures until things get better.
- Get what you want by exchanging favors with people you know.
- Find ways to enjoy life that cost little or no money.
- Spend time with those people you will miss when they are gone.
- Face your problems and find ways to solve them.
- Increase your courage, motivation, and self-confidence.
- Learn bartering methods. (Paper money may become worthless or difficult to obtain.)
- Take control of your life.
Things to store
Perhaps you should stock up on some essential supplies with a long shelf life. You probably want an emergency kit and/or a first aid kit. Extra clothing, sleeping bags or blankets, and a tent might come in handy.
You might even want to buy some trading goods. Here are some examples:
- aspirin and vitamin tablets
- assorted knives
- baby supplies
- cigarettes and matches
- cooking and eating utensils
- cooking oil
- energy bars
- flashlight and batteries
- food (canned and dry)
- guns and ammo
- hand tools
- liquor (not the expensive kind)
- paper cups and plates
- paper towels
- personal grooming and hygiene articles
- pet supplies
- plastic containers
- playing cards
- pots and pans
- reading material
- soap (for washing clothes, dishes, and people)
- survival handbook
- Swiss Army knife
- toilet paper (lots of it)
- towels and wash cloths
- water purification tablets or liquid chlorine bleach
Now I suppose you’re going ask me how to accomplish all the wonderful ideas listed above. Here’s my answer:
1. Keep visiting this blog. As of February of 2014, I am updating it twice a week.
2. Visit my free website. It has detained information om making and saving money. Go to www.MoneyMagic1-2-3.com.
3. Purchase my low-cost ebooks. Go to My Kindle Books page on this blog.