In the preceding posts, I have shown you how to gain new powers and tackle new activities. The new posts to this blog will show you various ways of making money. This introductory blog will explain why some people in the US cannot find a good paying job, and therefore may need to make money on their own.
Why some people can’t find a good job
It almost seems like the world has turned against the ordinary people in the US. I remember the good old days shortly after the end of World War II. It only took one person to earn enough to support a family. Then things started to change. Eventually both parents had to work to support the family. Then things got even worse as people were being laid off in droves. There are several reasons why this happened, as shown below:
- The US government opted for free trade, instead of fair trade
- Many of the good paying manufacturing jobs in the US were sent offshore
- US stores started importing cheap foreign goods made by cheap foreign labor
- Then, many of the good paying white-collar jobs in the US were sent offshore
- Many big US companies started using the H-1B program to import foreign workers in place of US workers
- Automation is being used more and more in US companies to reduce the number of workers needed
There are three forces causing these developments:
- Globalization by transnational business firms
- Big business influence over the US government
- Rapid changes in technology (perhaps without adequate concern for the future)
I don’t want to go into all the gory details that caused these changes. For one thing, the details are probably not available to ordinary people. (National security, you know.) For another thing, it might be dangerous to name names. So, let’s just be satisfied that things have changed. Continuing on…
Q: What can ordinary people in the US, and perhaps even other countries, do to overcome this problem?
A: They can start using whatever opportunities are available to start making money on their own – that’s what!
My future posts
I will start making weekly postings to this blog to explain how ordinary people can start making money on their own. At some point, I may have to revert to making only semi-monthly postings. We will just have to see how much information I can develop.
Readers of this blog are welcome to offer their suggestions about possible ideas to be discussed.